The [Registered] Veterinary Technician is a critical part of the care provided to pet-patients and their owners who work as an integral and important part of our Fergus Veterinary Hospital. In this position you will use your knowledge and practical skills to provide gold standard veterinary care in support of Healthy Patients, Happy Clients, and a High-Qualify of Life.
In this role, you will be responsible for the hands-on care of our patients’ surgical, medical, and therapeutic needs. Your specialty includes supporting the delivery of various clinical duties for the clinic's Surgical, Emergency/Critical Care, and/or Internal Medicine services, and providing nursing care to patients as well as client education.
In addition, the managerial skills or a desire to take it would be an asset where one would be able to mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards.
• Competitive Hourly wage commensurate with experience; starting at a minimum $19.00/hr to 26.00/h and subject to negotiation based on skills and experience
• Paid O.A.V.T Memberships and Licensing and Continuous Education allowance
• Discounted medical service for personal pets and cost on food and supplies.
• Sign-in bonus $500 at close and $600 (paid at 6 month mark)
• Participate in profit-sharing plan and bonus payout plans for the right candidate
• Graduated from Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians (OAVT) accredited college program and successfully passed or in process of writing the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE).
• Bonus: Maintain membership with the OAVT in good standing
• For interest in managerial role, a minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership and oversight of a veterinary health care team is required
• (New grads are welcome)
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or call 416-332-8244.
Thank you for your interest in joining a great team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Technician’s;
We look forward to hearing from you!